- Landscaping offers a huge
range of opportunities to use recycled materials -bricks, pavings,
railway sleepers and many other materials can be creatively reused.
Visit our page on architectural
salvage to find local suppliers of secondhand building materials.
- Other possibilities are presented
by the use of natural and renewable materials -walls of rammed
earth, stone gabions or using car tyres for exmple.
- The things to avoid are materials
that have a high embodied energy -for example if they have been
transported halfway round the world -landscaping materials tend
to be bulky and heavy and the implications of long distance transport
are more significant.
- Hi-Tech Turf Artificial Grass - www.hitechturf.co.uk
- Distributors and installers
of artificial grass across the UK. Our artificial grass range
is ideal for replacing difficult to maintain lawns or tired looking
decking and patios. The turf is safe for children and pets and
we even have a turf which has been manufactured with recycled
plastic bottles. .
- Dunweedin -make garden products from recycled
tyres -rubber crumb for lawns, rubber chippings for landscape
and play areas.
- Enviroglass -owned and operated by Shetland Amenity
Trust, Enviroglass manufacture decorative pavers from recycled
in recycled plastic for decking, bollards and retaining walls.
- Reformed Plastic
-make fencing and decking from recycled plastic.
- Tay Clay Tiles
-quality interior and exterior terracotta flooring.
- RailwaySleeper.com -as well as supplying sleepers from their Nottingham
depot, they offer a wealth of useful ideas on what to do with
- Sleeper Supplies
- new and used railway sleepers, crossing timbers and Telegraph
poles from their yard near Doncaster.
- Reel Furniture
-eco-friendly furniture and housewares crafted from recycled