- Here you can find everything
you need for your building project, from where to find an architect
to choosing your floor finishes. Follow the key headings to the
left to find out more on each topic or scroll down for a fuller
list of pages.
organisations and resources for the self builder.
components and systems.
- Conservation -renovation and restoration information
for owners of historic and listed buildings.
building materials and architectural antiques.
stores online -find
DIY stores and builders merchants online.
tiling, timber, woodblock, parquet, sheet materials.
and block, roof tiling, cladding materials:
- Walls: Bricks
| Blockwork | Glass
Block | Stone | Earth
| Lintels | DPCs
and Trays | Ventilation +
Accessories | Timber Boarding
| Sheet Cladding | Insulation
| Concrete |
- Roofing: Tiles
and Slate | Thatch | Timber
Shingles | Flat Roofing | Green Roofs | Lead
| Ventilation + Accessories
| Guttering | Sheet
Cladding | Insulation
| Timber Frame|
- Decorating -paints, papers, plaster, colour and
+ joinery -information
on timber, joinery and woodworking.
- Joinery | Green Oak | Log
Cabins | Timber Frame |
Doors + Glazing
-windows, doors, glass, blinds and curtains:
- Windows | Conservatories | Rooflights
| Doors | Garage
Doors | Ironmongery |
Glass | Shutters | Blinds and Curtains
- Furniture -fitting out your house -furniture
- Staircases -timber, concrete, steel, staircases,
spiral stairs and loft ladders, balustrading and handrails:
in general | timber
stairs | metal stairs | concrete stairs | glass
stairs | spiral stairs |
loft ladders | balustrading
| stairlifts |
plumbing, drainage, heating and cooling:
- Lighting | Heating
| Electrical | Ventilation
| Plumbing | Drainage
- Kitchens -design -units, worktops and kitchen
- Bathrooms -fixtures and fittings.
into your attic.
- Architects -where to look to find an architect
for your project.
-where to find someone to carry out your work.
- Regulations -all building work in the UK is subject
to the Planning Laws and Building Regulations -we show where
you can find the necessary information.
site with Google:
theHousePlanner | construction
| sustainability | gardening
| property | contact