- In the UK there are traditionally
three types of survey -a valuation, a homebuyers report or a
- The valuation is simply that
-an estimate of the value of a property, which is usually carried
out for the lender. A homebuyers report is a more extensive survey
carried out for the prospective purchaser and is largely a visual
survey of condition of the property. The structural survey is
a more detailed report that may involve opening up or other investigation
to determine the condition of the property.
- There are other specialist
reports too, such as damp and timber infestation -these would
generally be applicable to older properties.
- If you are looking to find
a Party Wall Surveyor, then there is information on our Party
Survey -from Anderson
Goddard who carry out energy efficiency surveys and SAP assessments
- Environment Agency -flood mapping assessment by postcode
-see how sea level rises might affect your property?
- Construction Industry Council -useful definitions of inspections
and surveys of buildings from the CIC (PDF format).
Registry website of
the UK Land Registry who hold information on the ownership of
- New Build Inspections -provides professional new home snagging inspections
throughout the UK.
- RICS -Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
-a frank guide to surveys and homebuyers reports.
- Soil Survey and Land Research Centre,
SSLRC -the leading
independent organisation on soil resources in the UK